TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – Ida Fauziyah, the Minister of Labor, is targeting wage subsidies for workers to start transferring by the end of August 2020. This also refutes rumors that the wage subsidy program has been canceled.
“In fact, the wage subsidy will not be postponed, let alone canceled. We are actually aiming for the end of August 2020 to start transferring,” Ida said in a written statement on Tuesday 25 August 2020.
According to Ida, the Manpower ministry has so far not transferred the funds to the wage subsidy program because it wants to ensure in advance that the data on potential recipients of wage subsidies has been validated and confirmed by BPJS Ketenagakerjaan or BP Jamsostek.
“After the data is verified and validated by BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, we check the list, then we send it to KPPN, and KPPN is immediately sent to the channeling banks. So the term is not canceled,” he said.
Ida also encourages workers who have not submitted their account number data to BPJS Ketenagakerjaan to immediately submit their account data to the company where they work. In fact, he hopes that BPJS Ketenagakerjaan will distribute its branches to encourage companies that have not provided employees’ account numbers to send them immediately. This is because there are still 2 million account number data that have not been entered.